There is nothing better than a hot, crispy Maine Lobster tail, and using Shucks’ shucked Maine Lobster tail, or EZ Shuck tails, you can have these delightful bites in a matter of minutes. You can use any type of breadcrumbs, but here, we suggest using Panko, for the extra crisp. If you want, you can add cornstarch to the mix to get a little more Panko to stick to the tails.
- If you start with EZ Shuck tails, just remove the meat from the shell, and you will have Shucked Maine Lobster tails. You will also need:
- * 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- * 1-3 eggs (depending on how many tails you are frying)
- * cornstarch (optional)
- In one small bowl, scramble eggs. In another, mix the cornstarch with the Panko crumbs. Take each thawed tail and roll in the raw eggs. Place directly into the breadcrumb mix and cover entirely. Place in a dish while you prepare the rest of the tails.
- In a deep pot, put vegetable or canola oil to cover bottom. Heat over medium/high heat. When hot, CAREFULLY place panko covered tail into pot. Cook for 3 minutes and then use spatula to flip and cook on opposite side. Cook until all sides are brown and tail is firm. CAREFULLY remove from the pot using a spatula. These crispy tails make a great appetizer served with a dipping sauce or op top of pasta or a salad.